ChanPharm GmbH is looking for a Chemical-Technical Assistant with a passion for science
ChanPharm is a drug discovery company and contract research organization.
We discover novel drugs for a wide variety of diseases; study the regulation of ion channels; investigate the molecular binding mechanisms of novel molecules to these membrane proteins and analyze toxic effects of known and novel drugs.
About the position
The research assistant will:
- assist in daily laboratory organization (e.g. preparing buffers and media, maintaining supplies, taking care of the equipment, curating databases)
- generate and maintain genetically modified cell lines (using established protocols)
- be responsible for a cell culture set up, incl. cell lines database and cell lines storage
- perform standard molecular biology and biochemistry techniques
- perform flux measurements through ion channels making use of automated patch clamp systems
The candidate must have
- basic knowledge of molecular biology and biochemistry (acquired either via relevant BSc/MSc degree, training as MTA, CTA or BTA and/or via relevant experience)
- practical experience in basic molecular biology techniques (e.g. cloning, DNA/RNA purification, PCR, Western Blotting, etc.)
- experience in cell culture would be optimal
- command of English (English is Lab language)
- willingness to acquire further skills
- motivation to develop and troubleshoot new methods
- attractive salary
- a chance to become a valued member of the ChanPharm team
- opportunities for professional development
- access to exciting scientific projects and state-of-the art facilities
- dynamic, international environment, ChanPharm is a member of the Vienna BioCenter
- This is a 40 hr/w position (full time) and it is available immediately (the starting date can be negotiated).
- The initial contract will be for one year with the possibility of extension for multiple years. The monthly salary will be in accordance with the FWF guideline.
- The interviews will be held on a rolling basis and as soon as a suitable candidate is found, the position will be filled.
- Please send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than November 30th, 2021.